The Milestones

My favorite long distance friend and I discussed a topic I thought I would share today. Age. It's not something I've given much thought to up to this point of my life, since I'm all of 26 years old.

Someone told me I was young today and, for the first time, it sounded like a compliment! Young? I have three children. Not laid back, quiet, easy going children either. Three children who spend the majority of their day describing their wants and needs in great detail to me. Asking why to every direction I give them...well two of them do this anyways :) but I am sure the third is going to be following soon!

What's next? We're married, we have children, we're home buyers (and home sellers) we've graduated college, we've gotten our first jobs (well....Gibbs has anyways) 

I'm just curious if this is the beginning of living through your children. I'm sure you know the type. Pushing them towards academic excellence, sports achievement, more piano lessons, tennis lessons etc....so that they can relive some glory days.....or live it for the first time if their childhood was underrated...

I've always said I wouldn't be one of those parents, but now I'm not so sure. I am so quick to point out my child's first "step", my child's first "word", their first sentence (at least for the first two kids)....I think I've already started down the path of living through their accomplishments.

 Is this God's way of making the next generation stronger than the last? Or is it an attempt to recreate our own youth, fix the mistakes we made....? Feel free to leave me your thoughts.

I promise this will be one of my few moments of blogging about philosophical things, the rest of my postings will be much more update"ish" and more practical. I am a mom after all....I rarely have time for these thoughts :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Them Fail

Judgement and Parenting

Friendship