The New Little Guy

This week has flown by. We now have a new addition to our Formo Clan, Audrey and Matt welcomed their firstborn son, Ryan Frederich, on 4-12 at 12:11am.


I can't imagine what the next few weeks will be like. A shifting of focus for my little ones. As V pointed out this morning as I worried about my kids, no one ever was worse off for learning to share some attention :-)

I have a tendency to get caught up in big moments. Weddings, Funerals, Births... I feel as though it creates a tornado effect on my life, and everything else gets caught up in my high strung emotions. Gibbs asked me last night to take a step back and refocus my energy back on our own little family.

It's a tough thing to do, to focus on the little things when something huge, life altering, is happening somewhere else.  I'm trying to find a balance between serving others, doing what God calls me to do for other people, and serving my own children. I want them to grow up realizing that life doesn't orbit around them. That there's a bigger picture, more meaning, more people to worry about then just themselves. But yet, I want them to know that I am always here. They are my first priority in our home. To grow up in a secure family where they aren't worried about what else is taking up my energy.

I know that God wants me to keep busy in my own home before I "borrow" busy-ness from other people's lives. I think there are several verses that speak to that.. But, I think there should be some sort of balance where my kids can learn from me and my husband as well. That they would learn that to follow God isn't just a feeling, or a "belief", but it's a way of life that should change you, that should bear fruit of good works.

I'd love to hear suggestions on how other people find a balance on this! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Them Fail

Judgement and Parenting

Friendship