The Most Important List


Staying home isn't really that hard. Having time to reconnect to people that matter, slow down, sleep in.... those things aren't bad. The unknown: That's hard. Losing all illusions of control: That's tough.

So, today, I made a list. It's not great writing, it's not insightful, but it is a lesson that is worth learning for me. If you're reading this, I challenge you to make your own list. Have your kids make a list. With a lot of prayer combined with some self reflection, I think this historical time period could be one of those turning points for our culture.

What Still Matters:

Joy
God's promises
My kids' well being
My kids' sense of security
Healthy Communication
My dad and my sister
Forgiveness
Grace
Healthy Eating
My marriage
Sunshine
Healthy Activity
Learning the value of intrinsic motivation
Working Hard
Generosity
Outlet for my kids to get their energy out- preferably not in my house!

What I realized wasn't worth getting worked up about:

Whether they were being pushed hard enough in math class
Caleb making an AAU basketball team
Kaitlyn pretending to be a mermaid whenever she got wet
Placing at a wrestling tournament
Worrying about someone falling behind in sports
How many sheep are in the barn
Mean moms
Other people's perception of me
A day of screen time
Having more money

What is on your most important list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Them Fail

Judgement and Parenting

Friendship